Arlo had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday morning and we made yet another change to his medication. The silver lining is I have finally reached our out of pocket maximum and the insurance has kicked in a little more. I'm grateful for that, all the doctor's visits and med changes can get expensive! We did our usual busy afternoon activities and Felicity had a young women's activity.
Thursday afternoon I took my dad's truck, which I would be borrowing for hunting, to the car wash to see if we could make it smell less like an ashtray. My mom went with me and we enjoyed lunch together while we waited. My mom picked up the kids from school to keep them overnight and I drove to Benson to meet Phil for our shooting date. We had a really nice time sighting in the rifle and doing some target practice. When the sun went down he took me out to dinner and then we talked in the car for quite some time before I drove home. I think it was the best first date I've ever had.
Friday morning I met Phil at the bottom of the road at 4:30am to head down Arivaca road to find a good spot to sit and look for deer. We got to a decent place just as the sun was coming up, and didn't have to hike too far from where we parked the truck. We glassed all morning and saw some does, but no bucks. We called it a morning at 9:30 and came back to the house for something to eat and to rest a bit. We went back out Friday evening. This time we didn't have as much luck finding a spot as we ran into a snag with a locked gate where we didn't expect one. It meant that by the time we went around the ranch, which is what was behind the gate, the sun had mostly gone down and we had to turn around for the night; sometimes that is the way hunting goes. Phil was supposed to be helping with a deer hunt for his niece and nephew on Saturday, but since they got two deer opening morning, he was free to help me again on Saturday, lucky me!
The kids and I went to church on Sunday morning after a good nights sleep, and then to visit Grandma when we were done. We spent some time over at my parent's house before heading home. Evidently when I fell in the cactus on Saturday, a piece broke off in my finger because it was red and swollen and tender all day. When I got home from my parent's house in the evening I got to work digging out the broken off piece, it was a good size sliver! I do love the desert, even if it doesn't always love me back! I got to work on Helen's costume after the kids went to bed, but didn't get as far as I would have liked, hopefully I can get it done before the ward trunk or treat next Tuesday. It was such a fun weekend, its amazing how quickly things can change in our lives. Phil and I have a few more dates planned, so I'm excited to see where this adventure takes us.





Sounds exciting! Also, you're lookin' hot! The bangs suit you.
ReplyDelete